Thursday, November 04, 2010

Medium: A Conversation With Luke

While we were packing his backpack with things to do for his visit DH's office yesterday. Yet another case of child logic that is really hard to argue with.

Me: Luke, go look on your shelf. See if you can find your ear phones.
Luke: I don't see them.
Me: You're right, I don't see them either.
Luke [pointing above his head]: I didn't look on that shelf. I'm too medium to see it.
Me [giggling]: You're too medium?
Luke: Yeah, I not small anymore. I'm 6 now! But I not big like you and Daddy. I'm medium.

Currently feeling: in between

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me a lot of conversations that we've been having with my nephew since his younger brothers were born. He's trying to figure out where he is in the scheme of things. He knows he's too little to be an adult, but with the babies around he knows that he is bigger so has some responsibilities in that regard. So all summer it's been - I'm too big for that, I'm too small for this.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!