Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 2010 Round Up

Note: the bottom row of photos was taken by Luke in the back seat of the car during our Thanksgiving travels.


Click mosaic to biggify. Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
If I'd taken a book with me during our Thanksgiving travels, I might have managed to read at least part of one.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
* TV Time: Just the usual, really. Saw a little of the Addams Family for the first time in years.
* New Films: The Fast and The Furious was more blah than expected. I usually like that type of action film, but this one wasn't working for me. Far From Heaven was one of those movies that was very well done, with excellent performances that I appreciate, but I can't really say that I liked it. Tangled was great fun, and it even held up pretty well on a second viewing. We all quite enjoyed it.
* Old Favorites: Animusic, WALL-E, Atlantis, *batteries not included, Monster's Inc., Kung Fu Panda, Groundhog Day, Iron Man (again, I'm sure there were others, but I cannot think of what)

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents, but my grandfather was in the hospital, so Dad had to stay with him.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Given that we visited my parents, I'm sure Luke received something, but nothing is immediately springing to mind. Things were crazy that weekend.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke had another of his "spells" this month, throwing up after going to bed, then being completely fine. Really wish I knew what was causing them. Thinking PaPaw was having a stroke (turned out to be a TIA) and then having him admitted to the hospital for bleeding 2 days before Thanksgiving was not good. Luke also ended up with a sinus infection over Thanksgiving, and the bad spot on his cheek was diagnosed as ringworm (a fungus). Oh, what fun!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We took Luke to his first ever Cirque du Soleil show, Ovo! It was a little long for him, but he did enjoy parts of it. We'll try it again in a couple of years.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I made red beans and rice, using dried beans, and I didn't even make anyone sick.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Luke's size 4 sneakers! You find those in the men's section at Zappos, BTW, not the kids' section. His shoes are now officially too large for my sister-in-law (who wears a women's size 5.5; men's size 4 = women's size 6).

What were this month's disappointments or frustrations?
Luke's first field trip got rained out for a second time in less than a month, but the third time was the charm and they got to go.

What were my accomplishments this month?
8. Correct my tax withholding on my paycheck. Stumbled on how to do this online accidentally, so that is now finally done. Yay, I now receive a smaller paycheck! Um, wait....
40. See a new (to me) Cirque du Soleil show. And we even took Luke.

I don't remember accomplishing much else this month, except a new temari. Even though it was mostly done, it's been mostly done for a while now, and I do consider it an accomplishment that it is actually finally complete! I also posted a finger weaving box braid tutorial after promising a friend I would do so for many years. Glad to finally have that done! So sorry for the wait, Terry.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


Luke continues to do well in school. Reading and writing are both coming along. He participated in his first school play as part of the chorus, which was great fun. Luke also received his first ever trophy, which he is so very proud of, and we couldn't be prouder of him. He worked really hard at soccer this year, and I think it was a great experience.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
The weather has been really wacky this month. We had lows around freezing during the first week of the month, which is very unusual. Then it hailed (or sleeted, still unsure) around the middle of the month. Very strange.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: very late on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!