Friday, August 05, 2011

Summer 2011 Movie Musings Shorts - Part 2

Green Lantern - Not bad. Had some good moments, but actually took itself a little too seriously in places, which was a surprise. Better than Thor, though.

Cars 2 - Not a bad Bond spoof, but I thought it was way too violent for a "Cars" movie, considering how young that audience skews. Luke loved it.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Meh. Better than the second one is about all I can say for it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 - Well acted and well done, but ultimately not any more satisfying to me than the book was. Sadly, Deathly Hallows is my next to least favorite book (Order of the Phoenix is my least favorite).

Winnie the Pooh - Absolutely delightful! Laughed more than I had in weeks. Already fully reviewed here (if not officially "fully mused").

Captain America: The First Avenger - Great movie! Truly enjoyed it. Probably second behind only X-Men: First Class as our favorite of the summer. Old fashioned, sweet, genuine, and romantic. About as close to a "chick flick comic book film" as there will ever be.

Cowboys and Aliens - It was okay. Seen better, seen worse, even this summer. Fun to see James Bond and Indiana Jones together, though neither man looked overly happy to be doing what they were doing.

Currently feeling: current on current movies, for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!