Friday, November 21, 2003

Bah humbug

Last time I checked the calendar, it is still November, yes? Then please explain to me why the heck a radio station is playing Christmas music and Santa is already at the mall?!?!?! Really folks, it's only one more week until Thanksgiving. You couldn't wait just one more week? During December, I *love* the fact that 94.9FM plays holiday music constantly. Music is one of my favorite things about the season. But you really should wait for the season to arrive. I was completely stunned when I flipped it on yesterday and heard Michael Crawford's "O Holy Night" (which still gives me goosebumps). It is a glorious piece of music sung by an awesome voice, BUT it's just not time yet. I'm as anxious as the next person to pop in The London Brass Christmas or hear Straight No Chaser do their most hysterical version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." And I'll pack up those CDs and take them with me when we leave here on Tuesday to do "the south Georgia family tour." They will be at the ready to pop in the player on NOVEMBER 28, not before. Harumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!