Monday, October 15, 2007

A little forensics tip

Dear Heroes writers,

I appreciate that you do all that you can to ensure that, within the precepts of the show, things are as authentic as possible. It is therefore with regret that I inform you of the following procedural error on one of your Season 1 episodes. Law enforcement would run fingerprints through AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System), *not* CODIS (Combined DNA Index System). Your graphics folks got it right, since the computer screen showed that the title of the window in which the search was taking place did indeed say AFIS. It was probably corrected after the scene was shot (I know the computer screenshots are added in later, generally speaking), but it would have been nice if the actress had been given a chance to loop that line so that it was correct. I appreciate all of your efforts at accuracy and authenticity, and I know that more attention will be paid to such matters in the future. Thank you for your time.

-Erin, Super Forensics Geek

Currently feeling: freaky geeky

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Methinks you've been watching too much CSI. =) Not that I haven't pointed out similar errors myself... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked up on that?? You would make a great proofreader.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!