Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Labor Day 2012 Recap

Pretty much the standard trip. Visited my grandfather. (Photos by Dad.)



Hit the beach. Built sand castles. (Photos by Dad.)



Admired the birds. (Photos by Mom.)



Played in the water. (Photos by Dad.)



Went to dinner at a new-to-me restaurant (can't believe they've lived there for so long and I'd never eaten there) to celebrate Dad's birthday. Admired the sunset on the way home. (Photos by me.)



Sifted through old family photos at the request of some relatives in Arkansas. Can't believe I was handling photographs over 100 years old! One was mailed in this envelope (only a name, city, and state as the address). The stamps dated to 1903, per this link.



We had a few negatives that had been made from the prints. Most had corresponding prints, except this one. So I took a photo of the negative held up to the light, and inverted it. We believe this is my great-great-grandmother.



And I acquired way too much nail polish (and lip gloss). But you don't need pictures of that! LOL Hope you all had an excellent weekend.

Currently feeling: last beach visit for the year

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice weekend! Luke is growing up so quickly!

    Love the stamps on that envelope - what a treasure to have that included with the photographs!

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!