Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Swollen: A Conversation With Luke

This morning, trying to assess his condition after yesterday's fall....

Me: How do you feel this morning?
Luke: Pretty good.
Me: Do you hurt a lot?
Luke: No, just my hand and my knee.
Me: So your face doesn't hurt?
Luke: A little. I hope it doesn't swallow any more.
Me (confused): You hope it doesn't swallow?
Luke: Yeah, I don't want it to swallow my eye closed so I can't see. I don't want to take the white medicine!

[He meant swell/swollen and is referring to when he got poked in the eye least year and it got infected and so swollen that he couldn't open his eye.]

Currently feeling: you should see the other guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!