Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 2009 Round Up


Created using Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker.
Click mosaic to biggify, or see my February 2009 Project 365 Posts.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
None. I really need to read more. I don't know why I don't anymore.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We started watching Dollhouse. It's interesting. Can't say that we love it, but I see the potential. We'll give it a while.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We ate Japanese for Valentine's Day, but on Wednesday, Feb 12, to avoid the Saturday crowds. That's really about it.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
DH gave me chocolate for Valentine's Day, and Luke gave me a stuffed black dog (he got one, too). And we exchanged cards. I sent off a very belated baby gift to a friend, and finally got something from Christmas in the mail. And I shipped off all of Luke's too small summer clothes to someone I hope can use them.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Horrid month! Me running a fever for no reason the first few days, Luke ear infection, Luke fell and severely scraped his fingers, Luke and DH throwing up Valentine's Day morning, me coming down with whatever they had a few days later, though managing to get through it with only fever and nausea. Last ENT appointment that showed a "sucked in" ear drum, so we have to go back again. DH having stomach issues that had him volunteering to go to the doctor, where he was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, a heart murmur, and a knot on his thyroid. And Dad had his knee surgery. Can we be done for a while, please?

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We took a family outing to the aquarium. And Ginny and I saw Cleopatra at The Fox Theatre for a "Mommies' Night Out."

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I had a vendor lunch on 3 out of 4 February Wednesdays this month. The first Wednesday was at a place I had already eaten. The other two were new. Horseradish grill is apparently Atlanta's oldest continuously operating restaurant. Very good, and not terribly expensive for lunch (don't know what the dinner menu looks like). Meatloaf, creamed corn (beyond excellent!), garlic green beans, mac & cheese (so so). They grow many of their own veggies in an organic garden in the "back yard," and the rest of the food comes from local organic farms. Decor was elegant casual, just my style. Blue Ridge Grill was pretty swanky, but very very yummy. I had the salmon with peas and mashed potatoes, and creme brulee for dessert. It was pretty expensive for lunch, IMO; lunch cost about what I would pay for a nice-ish dinner. I don't even want to guess what the dinner prices look like. But it was good!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Purchased an entire new wardrobe for Luke, head to toe. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, underwear, socks, shoes, hats, sunglasses, and a haircut.

What were this month's disappointments?
Everyone being so sick, though better now than when we are at Disney next month. A very hot expedited project that was going so well ended up delayed by a week at the last minute. The announcement that the DOT will go ahead with one day furloughs per month for a while. Financially, we'll be fine. Just sad they have to do it at all, and I know that many others will struggle with a day less pay per month. Better that than being laid off, though.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Work went pretty well. Got a couple of project completed. And I think we bought everything we could possibly need for Disney, so all we have to do now is pack it. Let's see, a 101 update and a Project 365 update are due here. Wow, did I do any of my 101 List items? I don't think I did. Well, eating Japanese counts towards "36. Eat Japanese Hibachi once a year." And we're up to 75% complete on "49. Finish LEGO Star Wars on the Wii." But I don't think I actually completed anything. Bummer. Project 365 is still going well. I missed another day, but just one.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?


I think most of those have been posted already, either here or on my Project 365 blog. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but at least I took them as promised.

Luke hasn't actually been up to very much this month. School is going okay; nothing to report really. His finger is healing nicely from where he fell and scraped it pretty badly. It will keep its scab for another week or two, I imagine, but I don't think it will be scarred as badly as I thought it might. And I noticed a week or so after the injury that it is the same finger that he had stitches in. At this rate, he might need it amputated before he's 18! (I hope I'm kidding.) He is still taking some pictures, but I think the novelty has largely worn off. Here is a sample of his work from this month.



Anything else noteworthy to record?
No, I think that pretty much covers it.

Monthly Round Up courtesy of Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

Currently feeling: ready to be well next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!