Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Vomit Valentine

WARNING! THIS POST IS A BIT DESCRIPTIVE AND GROSS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A DELICATE STOMACH!

Well, I sure hope your Valentine's Day is going better than mine. Mine certainly hasn't been much fun, though it most certainly could have been worse. Luke got up and came to get us so he could go to the potty around 2:20 AM last night/this morning. DH got up to handle it, so I went back to sleep. The next thing I know, I hear DH retching in our bathroom. Apparently, Luke then threw up while he was sitting on the potty. That was right in front of DH, who doesn't handle vomit well. DH had already been feeling queasy earlier in the day, and apparently watching Luke puke and then trying to clean it up was too much for DH's stomach to handle. At least DH made it to the toilet, so nothing to clean there. Luke then spent the next 4 hours coming into our room every 20-30 minutes, saying he was scared or there was something wrong with his bed, so no one got any sleep. I suspected at the time that he was not finished throwing up, and I was proved correct around 6. DH handled changing the child (most of the mess was on the bed itself) while I changed the bed. Luke zonked out about 10 minutes later, fast asleep, so it was probably a still-wobbly tummy that kept him from sleeping. Neither of them have thrown up since, and I feel fine, so I hope we're all done. Happy Valentine's Day to me. Sheesh!

Currently feeling: bleck!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't do well with vomit, so I didn't read it. LOL But I hope your household is all feeling better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little sprout. I hope everyone feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'm sorry Erin - that is no way to spend any weekend. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!