Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My job, my family, or my sanity?

So, my job, my family, and my sanity are in a bar fight. Which one do you think will lose? I'm getting beaten to a pulp at work. Spinning my wheels, sitting on conference calls where people ask *me* to fix things that are so far out of my jurisdiction that it's not even funny (but none of them are responsible, so I have to figure it out), trying to manage escalations to impossible dates, and finding out that I have a "circular argument" situation on one project (I can't finish until they do, and they can't finish until I do; who designed this?!) and having to figure out how to break the stalemate. Then at home, I have a husband with a severe cold, a son with an ear infection and a high fever (also home from school today, complicating work even more), and a fever of 99-99.5 for me that I seem to be running for no apparent reason other than to make sure that I am at my most tired and irritable to try and deal with work crap and home illness. Yay.

Currently feeling: like I'm going to crack

5 comments:

  1. Things will work out one way or another - hope you all are feeling better soon! Just think, you'll be at Disney in a month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Erin)) would it help to prioritize the problems and then execute the highest on the list and then breathe, rinse, and repeat? If not, maybe a good scream would help?

    I hope DH and Luke are feeling better soon, seems like there is a lot of sick going on around me too lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as the sanity survives, the rest should fall in line... though it doesn't always feel like it will, I know you'll make it through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to deal with everything at once. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!