Friday, February 06, 2009

There is nothing left

That's it, I am through. I have nothing left. None, zero, nada. I am officially, totally, and completely out! Out of patience, out of understanding, out of good will, out of good humor, and out of endurance. I am also fresh out of both laughter and tears. The well is dry, I am staring at the end of the rope, and that light at the end of the tunnel is actually the train has already run over me more than once. This week has chewed me up and spit me out. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

I know it could be worse. (Hear that, Fate, The Universe, God, Karma, FSM, whatever you want to call it?! I know it could be worse! Please do not insist on proving it to me.) It is all small to medium stuff. Work projects crashing, discovering project errors very late in the game, "the help" not being very helpful in more than one location and throwing multi-million dollar projects in jeopardy. Making several trips to various stores only for them to be out of whatever it was that I needed (size 8 boys underwear, baked potato soup, Mickey Mouse stickers, prescription medications.... I could go on). Finding out we owe 4-figures to the federal government and 3-figures to the state because we didn't fix my taxes when we found out they were taking out less than we thought (because we've gotten a huge refund the past several years and we hoped to break even) the same year that we went up a tax bracket. Severe colds, fevers, ear infections, nasty antibiotics to force-feed the child, PMS, my annual doctor visit (everything is fine, but they're just never fun, especially when the high temp for the day is not above freezing). And last but not least, injuries that would not have occurred at 4:45 PM this afternoon had I actually left work at 4:15 like I planned. But no! I got stuck on the phone fixing someone else's mistake, so we didn't leave until 4:40, arriving just before 5 PM.

I GIVE UP! I am taking my ball and going home. Wake me up when it is next week, because I am *more* than done with this week. (Heck, I was done with this week on Tuesday, but apparently it was not done with me.) I can only hope and pray next week is better. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I will now go and meditate on the 101 Things that Make Me Happy and hope it helps.

Currently feeling: squished by life

6 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, I'm so sorry you had such a terrible week!! Many (((hugs))) for you. Definitely take some time to yourself this weekend to chill, read, watch movies, whatever makes you feel better.

    And poor Luke! I hope that he's feeling better soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) to all of you. Next week has to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending a bit of "joy" to you today in the mail - next week will be better!

    A kiss on those hurt fingers should help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your sucky week. :( If I could kick its butt, I would. LOL I'm sending big hugs to you and hope next week is better.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!