Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fonts and Facebook

Fonts: Can someone please explain to me what happened to my preferred font on my blog? I haven't changed the code, as far as I know. I exported it, then thinkered with it, then re-imported the original settings, so nothing changed. I don't know if the font change happened before then or not; I don't know what made me suddenly notice it. The timing could just be coincidental. Anyway, it is now displaying New Times Roman, which is so boring, and even thought I tinkered some more with the font thing, I can't make it display the Georgia again. I noticed that it happened on another blog that I designed (not mine, belongs to someone else, but uses the same "font-family" settings), so that makes me think it might be a browser problem, not necessarily a coding problem? I have the problem on both the WindowsXP and the Vista computer, so it's not necessarily a platform thing. I use IE on both (I know, I know!), though. I should check it with Firefox. Maybe I will, but not right now. It's late.

Okay, never mind, I was thinking of the wrong font. Clearly, I am tired.

Facebook: And it's late because I joined Facebook. I know, I know! How could I not be on Facebook yet? Well, I can't say it's the most user friendly thing I've ever encountered. I feel like I have no idea what is going on. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I don't even remember what I was doing that prompted me to sign up after 10 PM this evening! But I'm there now, should anyone want to friend me or whatever. I'll work on it tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to bed!

Currently feeling: I did what?!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Facebook. Don't worry about hurting people's feelings by ignoring the plants they send, the games they start, and other random things you are invited to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know why I joined either. Looked like fun I guess. I randomly take some quiz someone might send me but I'm not always on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook seems incredibly user-unfriendly to me. I have an account but I've hardly figured out how to do a darn thing with it.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!