Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hurricane Hanna - we're worried

The Warren-Gaston clan is in the process of formulating a possible evacuation plan for Hurricane Hanna. This is the first truly serious threat facing my parents in nearly 10 years. Did I mention they live about 200 yards from the marsh? As in, the marsh that backs up to the ocean? On a low-lying lot? Yeah. No help for the furniture. All we can do is get the portable things out. I may have to head down there Wednesday night to help. If they issue evacuation notices Thursday, they won't be letting anyone in, so I'd need to be there Wednesday might. We'll finalize the plan tonight. Let's all hope we don't have to implement the plan.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We've been dodging bullets all these years, with only one serious threat in the 18 years we/they have lived there. The 100 year flood is at least a decade overdue. It's only a matter of time, and we all know that. This one has us pretty worried. We'll know more tomorrow.

Currently feeling: anxious

3 comments:

  1. You guys have my prayers and thoughts. I've lived in flood areas for 20 years, so if you need any pointers, I'll be happy to help.

    Most importantly - you guys stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family...evacuating sucks. Thank goodness you have some time to help them move stuff out though, in the worst case. I had 45 minutes to evacuate the fire last year and had to do it by myself; it sucked big time. I know your parents will really appreciate your help, although I'll be hoping their home survives of course. Stay safe and keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!


    BTW, I nominated you for an award...

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!