Saturday, September 13, 2008

Speaking to the future

Or am I speaking from the past? Guess it depends on your point of view.

Can I just say how much I love the advance posting feature? I know some other blogging services have had this for a long while, and Blogger has even had it for a few months, but I've only really gotten into using it the last couple of months. It lets you type a post now and then set some future date and time on it, and it will automatically post at the appointed time, without you having to be online. I usually keep whatever the current time is, though I may change it to AM or PM if I feel the time of day matters. I know it seems silly, but I like for them to at least *appear* to have been posted on the fly. (But for the record, this post was written and published in real time.) I haven't used it a whole bunch, maybe for 4-5 posts so far. But I already have a few of significance coming up, set to publish on their appropriate days, such as my 5 year blogging anniversary (though it will be revamped a smidge between now and then). Now if I could just get into the habit of keeping some things written and ready to post for days/weeks when I'm having trouble coming up with content, I'd be doing well.
Currently feeling: futuristic

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!