Monday, September 29, 2008

Stupid computer virus

Well, the desktop has caught some kind of virus or something. I wasn't visiting any site that I haven't been to tons of times over the past few years, but I hear that this particular site gets hit once a year or so with someone sneaking in something new, and apparently, we now have it. It's only on the desktop, which is old and creaky anyway. I backed up everything last night. But it is also the only computer that we can get the original Lego Star Wars to run on (won't load on the Vista laptop, and the XP laptop is having trouble reading the controller correctly). I've spent hours (and hours and hours) trying to get it fixed, but it's still there. I have a few more things to try, but I'm ready to give up. Only got about 4 hours sleep last night waiting for some of the new scans to run. Just so tired and frustrated!
Currently feeling: aggravated

2 comments:

  1. Any luck yet? I'm lucky that my brother in law is a computer guru, because we caught something last month I couldn't fix. I really get irrationally angry when my computers don't work properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article. I will tell this information again to my friend, oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on www.101aboutcomputer.blogspot.com , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you... and we can share each other. thank you... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!