Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 2008 Round Up


Blinkie by: Brandy's Blinkies


Monthly Round Up idea borrowed from Katie the Scrapbook Lady.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Same as always. Flipped through a ton of catalogs, though, and even spied a few potential Christmas gifts.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
New TV Show Attempts: Fringe - pretty good, but not for me (X-Files fans should love it); The Mentalist - has potential, will stay in the rotation for a while; NCIS - not a new show, but new to my rotation this year. Returning TV Shows: Dancing With the Stars, Chuck, Heroes, CSI: Miami, House, Criminal Minds, CSI: NY. That's everything that has started so far. We had to drop Sarah Connor Chronicles because it conflicted with both DWTS and Chuck. We keep meaning to get caught up online (they stream full episodes), but we haven't yet. The rest of our regular television rotation (CSI and Numbers, plus we'll try Clone Wars) doesn't start until October.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We visited my my brother's new house and his new office as professor.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
None, because they're all still sitting in my house instead of having been mailed.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Luke ran a fever for 3 days near the beginning of the month. No other symptoms, besides fatigue and lack of appetite, and he got over it pretty quickly. A few allergy symptoms for him and me, but nothing we can't handle.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Redecorated Luke's room. That's about it. Took Luke to the Mall of Georgia for the first time, but I can't say that was much fun (he didn't behave very well).

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Turtle Pretzels (see original post for recipe), and Gumbeaux's, a Cajun place my boss really likes. Good Cajun food, at least the three bites I had before my mouth caught on fire! LOL

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
All sorts of home improvement stuff; definitely unusual in this house! New kitchen knobs (that don't work), a new overhead kitchen light, a new dining area light. Also art to decorate Luke's room (I've had the bedding for months). Oh, and party decorations! And some new clothes for Luke and me. I'm sure the KFC thinks we've been rather "over-spendy" this month. And Christmas shopping will start soon. Oops!

What were this month's disappointments?
Luke has been *so* frustrating this month, much worse than usual. DH and I are both rapidly running out of patience. The gas shortage has also been really frustrating. And I managed to get some kind of virus on the desktop that I haven't managed to fix.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Getting the kitchen spiffed up with the above home improvement items, and decorating Luke's room with a new Star Wars theme. Bought my first Christmas gift. Oh, and our "log jam" of projects at work has broken loose. They were mostly done, but we couldn't turn them up for service until the software was approved in late August. It has been so great to watch as many as 5 projects turn up every week. Normally, we're lucky if we get 5 or so a month done, so 5 per week has been pretty impressive. We should be back to "normal" with 5-6 a month by January.

What were Luke's accomplishments this month?
Luke drew his first family picture, which was very sweet. They have been talking about imagination at school, and I really think it has helped him expand his. Oh, and he moved from a car seat to a booster seat (guess that should have gone under purchases as well). Had a little trouble the first time he used it with him wanting to "push the button" (read: unbuckle the seatbelt) while the car was in motion. He's been fine since that first day, though.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
My best friend's "baby" turned a year old! Happy birthday to Miss S! And we all survived more than a few hurricanes, Hanna and Ike in particular. Sure made us sweat there for a bit, though. And I joined Facebook, which kept me busy for a week or so, but I've really started slacking off. Probably because someone introduced me to the Bubble Shooter game (WARNING! Bubble Shooter is a *huge* time suck. Click at your own risk! LOL)

Currently feeling: bubblicious

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Bubble Shooter was called Snood when we were in college and I played it all. the. time. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!